|Location: SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRE||Salary: 32000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 8 months ago||Reference: 3052727|
Supervise the Forge/Manufacturing areas to attain planned standards of Health & Safety, Quality, on time performance, inventory control, OEE and cost. Interact with maintenance, H&S and technical department in relation to plant availability, safety concerns, quality deviations (IDN's/PSR's raised) and process improvements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Safety, health and environmental compliance for the department including SWP creation, Risk Assessment, audit compliance, corrective and preventative action, accident investigation and prevention.
• Use production schedules, scorecards, improvement plans and daily/visual management techniques as required.
• Apply formalised 5s/hazard reduction processes daily and rigorously.
• Requisitioning/maintenance of key supplies & equipment, managing supplier relationships.
• Support Department Manager to deliver a clear vision for the department, aligned to the Companies Corporate & local initiatives, to achieve enhanced productivity and efficiencies in line with forecast deliverables.
• Develop, lead and deliver management initiatives to drive efficiencies within manufacturing and stock management processes and procedures.
• Plan and manage asset and resource usage to ensure a co-ordinated manufacturing operation to meet service commitments.
• Coordinate the management and development of cross functional relationships to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of customer and business orders. This includes planning, transport and logistics, hardware/ equipment/ technical maintenance providers, Engineering, Quality and Maintenance
• Fully accountable for Leading, motivating, coaching and developing individual team members with implementation of a strong succession plan through documented One to Ones, appraisals and personal training and development plans ensuring appropriate matrices are updated.
• Responsible for ensuring all day to day people related tasks are fully documented and being carried on time and effectively e.g. One to Ones, Return to work interviews etc
• Responsible for managing first line Employee Relations within the team in a timely and accurate manner including any disciplinary and grievance hearings.
• Responsible for ensuring all documentation is processed in a timely manner with the relevant departments including any payroll changes and departmental changes to ensure budget accuracy.
• Accountable for control of holiday requests within own team ensuring that holidays are in line with plans and that production risk is minimised because of agreed absences
• Management of 5s for the area
• Involvement in the recruitment process following all Company standards.
Skills Experience and Qualification
• Ideally have a ONC/HNC in a relevant technical discipline
• Process Management experience preferred – eg six sigma / equivalent
• Ideally have proficiency in technical practices including an understanding of Forging and Heat Treatment process and principles although NOT essential.
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy
• Microsoft Office – Intermediate to Advanced level
• General management business acumen, including management experience within a high performing leading world class manufacturing environment. Cost management, P&L Management, Manpower planning, Capacity planning, Materials control
Qualities & Attributes
• Ability to lead a team and share knowledge, business strategy and vision
• Ability to manage across functions, influencing others to drive departmental business plan deliverables
• Ability to participate in improvement activities
• Demonstrates personal discipline to apply the requirements and accepted standards
• Demonstrates a proactive and motivated attitude clear drive to achieve results
• Ability to drive communication at all levels
30000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, TYNE AND WEARRead more
34000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
UPMINSTER, ESSEXRead more
35000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
45000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum
HOUNSLOW, MIDDLESEXRead more
40000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum
NORTH LONDON, LONDONRead more