Are you looking for a new role in Management Accounts?
Would you thrive in a growing team, at a renowned Oxford based practice?
Reed Accountancy Oxfordshire are pleased to be working with a Practice in Oxford to help recruit an Outsourcing Client Manager / Management Accountant To join their organisation. This role offers someone with expansive Management Accounts experience the opportunity to work in a top 100 Accountancy Practice, and join a growing, friendly and supportive team. This is a newly created role and will provide a good hand over opportunity as well as development and progression opportunities. The vacancy offers a fantastic salary, flexible working hours, study support, Retail Benefit Scheme, 20 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays, and with an annual increment with service) and pension and Health Plan.
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• To be the primary day-to-day contact for your allocated portfolio of clients regarding all
data processing activities and treasury matters, taking responsibility for all duties up to
and including the production of (often complex) management information
• Data processing activities to include bank transactions, sales and purchase ledger
items, expense claims and all other general ledger postings, journals etc
• Analytically review results and analyse key performance indicators for your clients
• Ensure that allocated teams are keeping all accounting systems up to date and
accurate within the agreed time frames
• Review VAT returns, EC sales lists and Intrastat returns, having an understanding of
what is allowable under the VAT rules and the basis principles of partial exemption and
how this operates
• Prepare basic statutory financial statements for clients with little or no supervision,
having an awareness of the disclosure requirements of the Companies Act
• Prepare an audit file which could be provided to the client’s auditors, with supporting
schedules for all balance sheet items
• Carry out ad hoc assignments, often to include budgeting and assistance with cash
flow forecasting and training clients in use of their accounting systems
• Assist with tendering to potential new clients as well as the implementation phase for
• Liaise and collaborate with tax, payroll and other departments on client matters,
identifying cross-selling opportunities
• Assist with portfolio allocation across the wider team and monitor time allocations,
budgets and deadlines, including data insight for internal management reporting and
• Work in accordance with defined systems and procedures as well challenging the
status quo where there may be a more efficient way of doing things
• Liaise and collaborate with tax, payroll and other departments on client matters
The ideal candidate for this role will have an extensive background in Management Accounts and be able to demonstrate all of the above tasks. You will ideally have some Practice experience as well as working in industry. This role will be client facing so good written and verbal communication skills are important. You will be proficient in accounting software packages and Excel and have the ability to work in a team. Finally, you will be AAT qualified and ideally working towards ACCA/CIMA/ACA studies.
If you think this is the ideal role for you, please do not hesitate to apply now as the client is looking to interview as soon as possible.