Management Accountant (Brand New Role)
I’m now also assisting a large commercial group with varied business interests, based in Newtownabbey/Mallusk, in their recruitment of an experienced Management Accountant.
Responsible for working with company management team to assist with management decisions, you will use financial information to better inform business strategy.
- Responsibility for reviewing the company profit & loss account and relevant sections of the Balance Sheet to ensure they are completed accurately and on a timely basis, and to provide supplementary reporting, analysis and support to all budget holders and the management team
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and monthly re-forecasts including monthly meetings with the Site General Manager
- Responsibility for obtaining, collating and verifying information on a monthly basis
- To ensure the provision of timely and valuable management and operational information across the business, maintaining and expanding a range of reports in order to assist budget holders in the effective management of their costs and revenue targets
- Responsibility for accurate allocation of company costs against individual revenue streams
- To implement improvements of Finance processes (including profit and loss reporting and month-end process, reporting and analysis, etc.) and systems in order to achieve an effective and efficient way of working
- To play a key role in the annual statutory audits in order to ensure compliance
- To be responsible for the management of the workflow against defined goals and objectives, using all available management information, ensuring that service standards, targets and quality are achieved and maintained
- Record financial transactions for project, department or company
- Prepare financial statements for internal and external use
- Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing
- Analyse financial performance and forecast longer term strategies and objectives.
- Recommend methods and strategies for cutting cost
- Maintain records and support auditing efforts
- Advise company and/or department management on financial decisions
- Make upper-level strategy recommendations based on financials
Whilst our client would prefer a CIMA qualified Accountant, we are flexible in terms of considering relevant industry experience and prior management accounting responsibilities in a commercial environment.
To learn more about this and other permanent finance opportunities, please contact Laurence Jago at Reed Finance Belfast, in complete confidence, apply via this link or alternatively contact me via LinkedIn.