|Location: DARTFORD, KENT||Salary: 44000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: FULL TIME||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 7 months ago||Reference: 3065889|
With over 150 stores Nationwide and huge On line presence, they are a prominent name in UK retail
You will need to be able to start within two weeks to be successful in applying
Budgets and forecasting
• Responsibility for the preparation of Annual Budget to agreed group deadlines.
• Preparation of monthly forecasts for the management accounts pack, through liaison with relevant departments and the use of accurate modeling techniques.
Preparation of the monthly Imports Management accounts prior to inclusion within the monthly Furniture accounts.
• Complete output of the dollar cash flow forecast weekly.
• Reviewing forward dollar requirement and reconciliation of actual requirement v forecast.
• Complete the monthly carriage reconciliation.
• Work with the Purchase Ledger Manager to ensure that all purchase orders are input and reconciled to timetable. This will require from time to time reconciling supplier statements, reconciling pricing differences and GRN’s as required.
• Acting as support to the wider Management accounts team reporting into the Finance Manager. To assist on the output of the accounts or ad-hoc responsibilities as instructed by the Finance Manager.
• Completion of specific Statutory and Statistical returns
• Undertake all financial project work associated with all commercial aspects of the business as requested
• Work closely with the Operational Finance team to ensure that there is a joined up process between the balance sheet reconciliations and ledgers
• Review the finance systems and where necessary manage the implementation of new systems
Internal and External Audit
• Ensure that effective internal control processes are in place, are appropriate and embedded within the business
• Ensure the annual detailed Internal Control Questionnaires (ICQ’s) are completed by relevant departments and a quarterly review of actions is undertaken
• Develop effective procedures for identification and action for control weaknesses across the business
• Assist in a programme of internal audit, liaising with the Internal and Group audit departments where necessary
• Preparation of audit papers for the external audit teams as requested, liaising with them and dealing with all queries as they arise
Commercial Management Information
• The development and implementation of a timely, effective and commercially effective reporting framework on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
• The efficient and timely reporting of management information
• Provide variance analysis where required between actual, forecast, budget and prior year
• Provide commercial financial support to all areas of the business as requested.
• Demonstrate a working understanding of detailed transaction recording and processing, including a detailed knowledge of the operational ledgers
• Benchmarking of performance against that of competitors within sector
• Production of any additional management information as requested
You will be CIMA / ACCA Qualified with 2 years experience in a similar role.
Retail experience is highly advantageous although not essential
40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
WELWYN GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
40000 - 42000 GBP Per Annum
BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
DISS, NORFOLKRead more
35000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
DURHAM, COUNTY DURHAMRead more
35000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum
LINGFIELD, SURREYRead more