|Location: ESHER, SURREY||Salary: 35000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 2|
|Posted: 6 months ago||Reference: 3115271|
This opportunity is offered on a permanent basis, although a temp-to-perm candidate will be considered.
As a senior member of the Finance team, the management accountant has responsibility for the functioning and activity of a wholly-operated entity of the business, including budgetary control and preparation of statutory and management accounts.
Financial Planning, Budgeting and Costing
• To participate, as directed by the FM and CFO in the development of the organisation’s business plans in accordance with the timetable and deliver the agreed plan at departmental level.
• To facilitate the production of annual budgets liaising with senior staff and providing guidance as necessary.
• To control the overall budgeting process and prepare annual budget prior to the start of the financial year.
• To revise and reformulate organisational or service budgets as required.
• To assist in the costing of services for business development purposes, in conjunction with senior staff, as required.
• Oversee and manage the production of the agreed monthly management information pack and commentary, reviewing service / department financial performance against budget, on a timely basis.
• Prepare other financial or management information and financial returns as required.
• Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of management information and reporting.
• To provide any finance function support managers may require to achieve their objectives within budget.
Income, Expenditure and Other Accounting Functions
• Oversee the sales ledger function, ensuring all income is recorded, invoices are raised on a timely basis and payments are received promptly.
• Oversee the purchase ledger function.
• Manage cashflow requirements and ensure that surplus funds are placed on deposit as agreed.
• Oversee and manage all banking activities and transactions, acting in accordance with agreed policies.
• Ensure the integrity of the financial records by overseeing or undertaking regular reconciliations of control accounts and other balance sheet accounts
• Manage cut off procedures and post regular journals and adjustments as required including prepayments and accrued income.
• Manage the fixed Asset Register , depreciation, reporting and recording capital expenditure and disposal of fixed assets.
• Maintain petty cash for services using impress system.
• Being responsible for intercompany transactions
• Maintain an appropriate system of internal controls in conjunction with the FM
• Implement and operate the agreed organisational financial systems and procedures, revising and developing these, in conjunction with the FM and CFO, as required and necessary.
• Prepare the annual accounts for and supporting information in accordance with the Charities SORP, Charity Commission requirements and Companies Act legislation.
• Liaise with the auditors regarding the annual accounts, audit and associated fieldwork.
• Ensure completion of all statutory reports and returns (including VAT, pensions and office of the National Statistics)
• Experience of preparing statutory accounts and liaising with auditors
• Experience of the preparation of Management accounts
• Experience of preparing budgets
• Payroll experience (Desirable)
• Experience of commercial contracting (Desirable)
Education, Training and Qualifications
• CCAB qualification (At Least part qualified)
• Degree or equivalent (Desirable)
• Excellent knowledge of finance software packages
• Highly proficient in MS Excel and the ability to use MS Word
• The ability to use MS Power Point (Desirable).
• Good all round IT skills and knowledge
• Excellent accounting skills and knowledge of finance procedures and controls
• Experience of the charity sector (Desirable)
• Ability to lead an effective, productive and motivated team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A Strong Team Player with willingness to roll up sleeves as necessary
• Dependable, accurate and conscientious
• Able to meet deadlines
• Good analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to constructively and positively work and interact with staff throughout the organisation and other external parties
30000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
DORKING, SURREYRead more
35000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
LEATHERHEAD, SURREYRead more
18 - 18 GBP Per Hour
WOTTON, SURREYRead more
40000 - 47500 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
REDHILL, SURREYRead more
35000 - 42000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
CHESSINGTON, SURREYRead more