New Management Accountant role – Darwen – up to £45,000 – Apply now!
REED Accountancy is recruiting on behalf of a fantastic and vibrant business in the Darwen area that are looking for a Management Accountant to join their growing company.
We are recruiting for this role due to further growth of the business, and my client is looking to secure their new Management Accountant to join their growing Finance team as soon as they can.
I am Looking for either a Qual/Part Qual CIMA/ACCA or QBE candidate for this role, with proven experience working within a Manufacturing environment.
To be successful in this Management Accountant role, your CV will reflect the following duties:
- Assist in the review and development of processes and controls relating to production and inventory Review the stock locations continuously to ensure that stock transfers and locations are being correctly used and maintained and inform FD/OD of any issues
- Review rolling and month end stocktakes to ensure all discrepancies are correctly investigated and treated in the accounts and be the person responsible for the completion element
- Implementation and maintenance of a standard costing system including cost roll up for new and existing products ensuring these are accurate and consistent
- Monthly WIP and inventory valuation and reconciliation to the general ledger ensuring that any differences are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Constant review and development of existing financial control practices relating to inventory across the group and suggesting new and improved ways of working to the FD.
- Review of stock level holding of raw materials and Finished goods to ensure optimum level is maintained and flag any issues to the FD
- Reviewing and checking the detailed VAT return reports to ensure all correctly stated
- To review the prepared EC Sales and Intrastat dispatches declarations and reconciling them to each other and the VAT return on a monthly basis prior to HMRC submissions
- Staying up to date on any legislation on the above and reporting any changes to the FD
- To check and confirm the distance selling thresholds on a monthly basis
- Assist in the preparation of the organisation’s annual budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Assist in the preparation of the departmental annual budgeting and forecasting and monthly reviews Bank reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of the month end management accounts process
- Be an active and influential member of the team, working across the organisation to improve collaboration, communication, and effective working.
- Support with the development of forecasting, reporting and ERP enhancements
- Ad-hoc analysis and reports as and when required
Practical experience in ERP systems would be a big advantage.
Our client is offering a starting salary of circa £45,000 (dependent on experience) a brand new modern working environment, 28 days holiday (including statutory holidays), free parking, discounted Gym membership and pension scheme.
Working hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. With flexible early finish on Fridays
If you have the right experience, are self-motivated and driven, then do not hesitate in replying to this advert with your up to date CV attached
Please note that due to high volumes received, only short listed candidates will be contacted for a first stage telephone interview.
"management accountant" "qualified" "part qualified" "accounts" "Blackburn" "lancashire" "accountant"