Reed Accountancy and Finance are currently looking to recruit a newly qualified or part qualified group management accountant to join our client in North Birmingham. Its a fantastic permanent opportunity to develop your career in management accounts.
- Preparing regular financial statements and accounts, such as profit and loss accounts
- Monitoring spending, costs and budgets
- Analysing the company’s financial performance
- Forecasting and planning future spending and profits
- Recommending ways to reduce costs and increase profits
- Making business decisions with other managers
- Develop an awareness of the activities of the Group as a whole in order to identify opportunities for continual improvement
- Maintaining accurate register and providing in-depth analysis
- Preparing management accounts including routine and ad-hoc analysis (including taking over management accounting from external accountants)
- Processing purchase invoices and overseeing sales ledger and credit control
- Providing information to and liaising with head office finance team and external auditor
- Overseeing payroll
- Producing rolling cash forecasts
- Producing forecasts for the business
This role would be a perfect opportunity for someone to grow on their current experience in management accounts and have exposure to group management accounting so if you are a newly or part qualified accountant it would be a great opportunity. You would ideally need have Advanced Excel knowledge and ability to manipulate data from other sources. For this role having an organised thought process, having good communication skills and the ability to express financial information to non-financial colleagues would be really desirable for our client
They use SAGE 50 and SAGE 200 so this would be preferable if you have previous experience with these financial systems.
Please apply online with an updated CV if you feel you have the right level of experience and would like to hear more regarding this fantastic opportunity.