Reed Accountancy are supporting our Newbury based client, who are seeking a Management Accountant to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
My client is a successful business in their field, having seen fantastic growth over the past 18 months and therefore are now seeking a Management Accountant to work alongside and report into the Finance Director, with two bookkeepers supporting with daily accounting tasks.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has perhaps worked within a small team before and able to support with varied function. Strong Excel skills, including knowledge of SAGE would essential, alongside the ability to be highly motivated and work to strict deadlines.
Duties for this role will include:
- Preparation of internal management accounting pack – monthly/quarterly management accounts
- Preparation of Board Reporting Packs across operating entities.
- Posting and overseeing of the month-end and quarter-end journals.
- Assisting the Finance Director with Bank Financing matters with various lenders.
- Working alongside the Finance Director in preparing year-end working papers and statutory accounts across the Group ready for audit.
- Liaising with Managers to provide accurate tracking and recording of project costing for monthly review and cash flow purposes.
- Review of 5 quarterly VAT returns across the Group, ensuring compliance with latest HMRC regulations.
- Preparation and submission of the monthly Construction Industry Scheme returns.
- Assistance in Group Treasury functions.
- Working alongside the Finance Assistant to provide oversight and reviewal of the internal Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions at regular intervals.
- Review of bank reconciliations.
Hours of work are 9am to 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch. The office is situated in a beautiful rural location and therefore this role would be best suited to a candidate with access to a vehicle as the office is not close to local public transport routes.