My West London based client is presenting an exciting and rare opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join their dynamic and successful team on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Finance Manager you will be to support the financial reporting of the company which includes:
• Management account reporting (including reconciliations)
• Cash flow reporting
• Fixed asset reporting
• Payroll reporting
• Provision of Annual rent and service charge information
• Regular resident rent statements
• Support the effective communication and delivery of the finance service to internal and external customers.
This will be achieved through the timely and accurate delivery of the following duties:
• Production of monthly management account reports showing details of variances to operational budgets.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
• Conduct meetings with budget holders to discuss activity and budget variances.
• Ensure all accounts receivable items are correctly invoiced and recorded in the financial systems and posting
journals to correct where necessary.
• Reconciliation of balance sheet general ledger codes including bank reconciliations and loan reconciliations.
• Ensure the fixed asset register is updated accurately and reconciled on a regular basis.
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly payroll
• Respond to internal and external customer requests promptly and with excellence in customer service as the aim. This includes producing relevant reports of financial or performance data to aid the internal or external customer as appropriate.
• Supporting the delivery of overall finance service, IT systems and value for money initiatives. This may include providing cover for the Finance Assistants.
• To contribute positively to the annual appraisal process including identifying development needs and making suggestions for learning and on-going self-development. To work collaboratively with staff across the association to solve problems and further organisational objectives, including contributing to organisation-wide initiatives and activities.
• To keep up to date with relevant legislation and best practice.
Knowledge and experience
Experience of financial reporting and monitoring to tight deadlines is essential and a proven track record of working effectively and with varying workloads and priorities. Knowledge of budget reporting and cash flow forecasting and monitoring is also vital and a Finance qualification or part qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
The ideal candidate will be a Problem solver, and able to find solutions to problems in the organisation. Having an open and friendly personality meaning that you are comfortable in working in a team dynamic.
Attention to detail is a must along with a willingness to learn and develop your accounting skills further.
If the above description applies to yourself then please apply below or contact Krutika Patel at Reed Hammersmith.