Are you an ambitious, data driven accountancy professional?
Do you enjoy a customer facing position in the housing or property sector?
Looking to join a company that can provide you the recognition and long term career prospects you desire? We want to hear from you!
A Housing association currently we have an opportunity for a Management Accountant (Customer Services) to join our team in a permanent position.
Salary: £38,000-£45,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
35 hours a week, Monday-Friday
In this role, you will share responsibility with the Housing Services Finance Business Partner for the delivery of the Housing Services Management Accounts in accordance with the Finance Team’s timetable, policies, procedures and regulations. You will ensure the accurate production of all Housing Services rent related transactions in the monthly management accounts and that they reconcile with the Universal Housing system, liaising with the rents team as necessary. You will also provide monthly preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and reviews of accounts with Heads of Service and Budget Holders. This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also share our values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
- Ensure all accounting entries and monthly management accounts are processed in an accurate and timely manner and within agreed time frames
- Support, and work closely with the Housing Services finance business partner to provide financial information as required, including financial reports on transactions, ledger reports, and information on individual accounting entries such as accruals, provisions, and other financial data.
- Load the annual budgets in to the finance system
- Update management account forecasts in the finance system as required
- Prepare journals for accrued income, prepayments and other required entries on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and post monthly salary journals to the General Ledger ensuring transactions are correctly coded.
- Previous experience working as a Management Accountant or a Finance Business Partner.
- Previous experience working for within a housing association or property related sector.
- Recent experience of budgeting, forecasting and critically analysing outputs
- Good Excel knowledge and experience with Pivot tables.
- Ideally you’ll be at least a part qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA,CIMA or CIPFA)
- Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cash back plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.