Our client is a nationally recognised brand, a business that has grown year on year and who truly believe their employees play a fundamental part of their success.
Due to the company’s achievements and reinvestment to ensure their continued improvement to meet the needs of their ever-growing client base, we a recruiting qualified Management Accountant on their behalf.
In this pivotal role, your main objective will be to produce the Management Accounts and commentary for the key areas of the business.
Your will be responsible for:
- Working with department Managers, partnering between the department and finance to understand business performance, challenging and accounting correctly.
- Accounting for designated cost centres, nominal codes or balance sheet codes
- Presenting financial data to Senior Management
- Prepare detailed explanation of performance compared to budget / forecast, identifying risks and opportunities to forecast.
- Reviewing spend and invoices
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting auditors
There is a large element of business partnering to this role including advising department managers on correct accounting procedures and presenting and explaining financial information to senior Stakeholders.
Given the value of this role to the finance team we seek only applicants who:
- Hold a formal accountancy qualification such as ACMA, ACA or ACCA
- Demonstrate experience of management / financial accounting including cost centre accounting, and balance sheet reconciliations, posses excellent Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups etc.) or macros to automate and improve accounting
On a personal level you will have a commercial approach, with the ability to proactively identify and implement process improvements.
The company looks for future business leaders, and so they are looking for the successful applicant to be able to lead and deliver change.