REED Finance is working with a business in South Birmingham to recruit a Qualified Management Accountant to join the team.
This role is a great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant looking for a new challenge and a role that will give them a breadth of experience from general financial controllership to business partnering, within an interesting and exciting industry.
The primary purpose of the role is to endure that accurate financial information in recorded and reported on a timely basis, taking the lead in the monthly reporting cycle and supervising transactional processes as well as producing FP&A analysis to support business decision making. The role reports into and works closely with the Finance Director to establish effective and efficient working practices within the UK finance team.
- Ownership of month end close process including review of results against budget/forecast and drafting of management finance pack for review.
- Drive weekly Revenue Forecasting and Pipeline review and analysis of Project Margins;
- Financial Planning and Analysis as required and directed by the Finance Director, preparing meaningful commercial information that is appropriate for both financial and non-financial audiences.
- Management of cash
- General accounting responsibilities including posting journals, balance sheet reconciliations, VAT and maintaining the integrity and accuracy of financial ledgers.
- Supervision of clerical team
- Monthly and weekly payroll supervision and review
- Supporting the Finance Director with the external statutory audit process.
- Qualified ACCA / CIMA / ACA
- Strong technical knowledge and accounting standards
- Advanced Excel and good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of colleagues at all levels
- Self-motivated and professional with a positive approach
- Team management experience
Please contact the Birmingham office for a confidential conversation