New Job | £40,000 per annum | Management Accountant | Nelson | Permanent | Apply now!
Reed Finance are recruiting for a Fully Qualified Management Accountant on behalf of a dynamic and highly successful business based in Nelson near Blackburn, with a strong presence across the whole of the UK.
This role is permanent and due to further expansion as part of continued growth of the business, and will be reporting to one of two Management Accountant Heads of Department.
The Management Accountant will join a large team and become a Team Leader as part of the progression plan for this role.
Detailed responsibilities of the Management Accountant are as follows:
- Ownership of the monthly management accounts and balance sheet
- Production of monthly accounts including variance and trend analysis to prior year, budget and forecast.
- Ownership of fixed assets register for the division. Ensuring costs are accurately identified, capitalised and depreciated in accordance with relevant accounting policies.
- Production of balance sheet reconciliations for areas of PL ownership.
- Assisting with intercompany divisional accounts - working with the finance managers to ensure all transactions are correctly accounted for.
- Working with the Head of Financial Improvement and management accounts team to identify and explain trends to improve the understanding of accruals and improve forecasting.
- Working with the Finance Business Partnering team to continually improve cost centre reporting.
- Other ad hoc tasks.
I am looking for a Fully Qualified Management Account looking to progress their career, who has hands on experience.
The successful Management Accountant will have:
- Experience working in a Management Accountant role is required.
- Experience working as part of a large organisation.
- Previous experience dealing with high volume transactions.
- An enquiring mind with excellent analytical, numerical and presentation skills (visually and orally).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is essential (Vlookups, SUMIFs,Pivot tables, sliders etc).
- Proven ability to prioritise and proactively manage your own workload to strict deadlines.
- Driven and confident individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude wanting to develop their career in Management Accounting.
In return, our client is offering a starting salary of up to £40,000 per annum
Package Benefits include:
25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year of employment up to 30 days) plus 8 statutory holidays,
Extra day off for your birthday every year,
Company Pension scheme, Private Healthcare
Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
Free Parking and Canteen onsite
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
Should you be interested in this role please apply now by responding to the email this job was attached to, making sure to state your current availability/ Notice period and attach your up to date CV.
Interviews are already underway, so to be in with a chance at this fantastic opportunity – APPLY NOW
If you have the right experience, then do not hesitate in replying to this advert with your up to date CV attached
*Please note that due to high volumes received, only short listed candidates will be contacted for a first stage telephone interview.