Management Accountant - Brentwood, Temporary to Permanent Opportunity to start ASAP
• Preparing and posting numerous nominal ledger entries and closing off of ledgers at period ends
• Completing bank reconciliations for GBP and currency accounts
• Calculating and posting accruals and prepayments
• Completing accounting entries for company credit cards/ expenses and petty cash
• Reconciling intercompany accounts & liaising with the in-territory accountants to resolve any variances
• Maintaining and updating the FAR and posting depreciation journals
• Assisting in the preparation of the Group consolidated management accounts
• Supervising the purchase ledger function to complete the following:
- Posting purchase ledger invoices and reconciling supplier statements
- Setting up bank payments (international currency and UK) and periodic
- BACs run
- Updating cashbooks
• Completing EC arrivals / despatched and sales lists
• Preparation of the Group Vat return for review
• Assisting with preparation of Group statutory accounts
• Assisting with the preparation of analysis for the annual audit
• Assisting with analysis of actual vs budget cost reporting for budget holders
• Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts/ reforecasts
Ad hoc projects
• Any other applicable projects as they arise.
• Enabling the continuous development of reporting and process
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and organisation skills – good time management.
- High level of Excel skills.
- Computer literate in Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of ERPs and other finance systems preferable.
- Team-Working – Works co-operatively and willingly with others to achieve business objectives.
- Communication – Communicates effectively and influences others.
- Continuous Improvement – Continuously looks for ways to improve personal and business performance.
- Commitment to Achieve – Willingly adapts to changing circumstances to achieve the desired results.
- Personal Effectiveness – Able to organise own time and work effectively even under pressure.
- ACCA Studier
- Quality experience within a finance/accounting function
- Experience of a working within a busy finance department with foreign subsidiaries and foreign currency transactions would be beneficial