|Location: CENTRAL LONDON, LONDON||Salary: 45000.00 - 55000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 1 day ago||Reference: 3084653|
• Preparation and delivery of monthly management accounts including a detailed monthly written report. This includes departmental profit and loss accounts, contribution statements as well as various performance reports all issued in accordance with an agreed timetable.
• Planning and Budgeting – Agree annual budget drivers and assumptions with the fee earning and Business Service teams and production of consolidated plans and budgets for the firm. Responsibility for maintaining budgets on the Aderant Practice Management System (PMS) and managing Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Calculation of forecast profit and loss position in the run up to each year end.
• Commercial Analysis - Support and respond to Departmental Managing Partners and other stakeholders on request for financial analysis such as trends or client profitability, providing written explanations and advice as necessary.
• Overheads budget holders monthly reporting - Providing stakeholders with detailed monthly expenditure reports and further analysis as required. Monthly variance analysis of significant cost items to accompany the Management Accounts.
• Provide pricing and project planning advice to assist Partners with scoping and estimating matter proposals and monitoring outcomes against those plans.
• Oversight and development of weekly management information reports and KPIs issued to the firm (Departments and Practice Areas).
• Training new fee earners on how to use the Management and Information Knowledge Environment software (MIKE) and understanding their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Responsible for ensuring fee-earner time is up to date and complete.
• Responsible for setting and maintaining standard and non-standard charge-out client rates on the PMS, keeping records and analysing trends, maintaining log of volume discounts and other special arrangements. Additionally responsible for calculating underlying cost rates and ensuring FTE, joiner and leaver statistics are consistently reported between finance and HR systems.
• Ad hoc projects and reporting including preparation of financial analysis for partner assessments, departmental (practice area) strategy papers, completion of benchmarking surveys such as Deloitte, LFF, The Lawyer, Legal Business, etc.
• Ensure that firm-wide systems and processes relating to financial performance are effective and duties are delegated where possible to help to develop junior members by sharing knowledge and skills.
• Part of the internal Finance Systems Steering Group to ensure the Finance team and firm make best use of the PMS software capabilities. Work alongside and co-operate with IT colleagues as necessary to further develop the firm's reporting capabilities.
• Build up and maintain a network with peers elsewhere in the legal market so that the firm remains up to date with current thinking and technology.
• Experience of working in professional services, particularly legal industry preferred.
• Experience of implementing or developing BI reporting systems an advantage.
• Excellent organisational skills and able to effectively manage workloads particularly in times of conflicting deadlines and busy periods.
• Ability to work without supervision, proactive and prepared to use initiative.
• Confident, with excellent communication skills and a confidential approach where necessary
Looking for someone who is studying towards ACCA or CIMA.
24000 - 26000 GBP Per Annum, pro-rata
TELFORD, SHROPSHIRERead more
30000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum
DUDLEY, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
36000 - 38000 GBP Per Annum
CHESSINGTON, SURREYRead more
35000 - 42000 GBP Per Annum
EPSOM, SURREYRead more
15.00 - 17.50 GBP Per Hour
ROYSTON, HERTFORDSHIRERead more