We are currently recruiting for male Outreach workers in the Lewisham area. This is a temporary position, ASAP start and the pay is between £12-£15 per hour. You will be working with children and young adults with links to mental health, violence, substance misuse and gangs. You must have experience working with this client group for this position, as well as having experience with report writing.
Our outreach service was set up with a specific aim to fill the gaps in the services for the Children Social Care Services, mainly focusing on the following three areas of work.
- Crisis Intervention /Reducing escalation into care
- Parenting Support
- Rehabilitation work
We require workers to provide a short term immediate out of hours service (early mornings, early-mid evenings and weekends) to supplement the work of other professionals (social workers, nursery and school teachers, health visitors) who work during daytime on weekdays.
- The outreach service can also coordinate its service in parallel with the child protection plans, or parenting assessment to gather information that may evidence and support analysis and decision making. Also, as part of the team to provide post-assessment support as recommended in assessments.
- We require workers who are knowledgeable of child protection issues, risk, safeguarding concerns and have a variety of family support experiences and skills.
- We require workers who can intervene during difficult and stressful situations and de-escalate issues.
- We require workers who have experience of being able to engage and work with challenging parents, and develop an ongoing relationship.
- We require workers to have experience of working with adults with mental health and or/learning
- We require the worker to provide a written report of every visit. It is likely that the reports will be used as evidence for court. Therefore court attendance is highly likely.
- We require the worker to share any family concern with either the allocated social worker, outreach manager or Out of hours emergency duty team.