|Location: CHELMSFORD, ESSEX||Salary: 40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 8 months ago||Reference: 3115193|
Major Schemes Team Leader – External Construction
Reporting to: External Construction Manager
Location: Seax House, Chelmsford and Various sites in Essex
Role Purpose: Team Leader and Project Manager for the delivery of Major Schemes.
This role is to lead and manage the Major Schemes team of Project Managers and Supervisors to take overall delivery responsibility for some varied and interesting highway projects across Essex. This will be either through the Eastern Highways Alliance (EHA) framework or Self-Delivery route, utilising internal staff, shareholder resources, external consultants and contractors as required.
You will provide clear and effective leadership and line management of the team to ensure that staff are sufficiently trained, experienced, aware of their objectives, motivated and that productivity is maximised.
It requires working closely with the design and client project management teams to identify and plan for future workload and resource requirements.
It involves the preparation, administration and checking of contracts, risk assessments, method statements, report writing, stage reviews and updating of scheme process documents in accordance with the principles and timescales defined in the contract
You will be involved in advanced buildability reviews with the design team and will liaise with them throughout the project to help resolve technical and design queries. You will also work closely with the commercial team during the tender, award and construction stages to ensure all financial and contractual information is accurate, checked and available for reporting requirements.
You will ensure all projects comply with health and safety legislation, Quality Management and CDM requirements and are delivered to agreed standards in the Works Information.
The role involves site inspections and HSEQ audits to ensure compliance with specifications, regulations and Essex Highways / Ringway Jacobs’ standards and requirements.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Client, stakeholders, agencies, authorities and suppliers and work with them to establish new and improved ways of working ensuring that value for money is delivered.
You will be an enthusiastic member of the External Construction team which delivers a wider range of construction projects. The role will involve assisting other members of the team or may require work on different projects as required in the delivery of the External Construction service.
Your team will increase with time to meet scheme delivery requirements. You must be able and willing to undertake the NEC Project Management and Supervisor roles for schemes if required. You will also be required to encourage and mentor apprentices or graduates if required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Chartered Engineer preferred with a good understanding and working knowledge of civil engineering design, delivery and construction.
• Line management experience.
• Membership of the ICE or similar professional body.
• Evidence of continuous professional development.
• Knowledge and working experience of NEC contracts, administration and law.
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme ‘Professionally Qualified Person’ card holder preferred.
• SMSTS card holder preferred.
• Working knowledge of project planning, programming and risk management.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the implementation of highway schemes and of using national guidance, legislation and regulations relating to design and implementation of highway schemes. In particular, The Highway Act 1980, Chapter 8, DMRB, MCHW, SHW and CDM 2015.
• Knowledge of Highway Authority and Local Government policies, practices and procedures.
• Good IT, written, verbal communication skills.
• Good planning, programming, organisational and time management skill, able to deal with complex workload priorities and deadlines.
• Experience and confidence of dealing with contractors, developers, members of the public and Cabinet Members.
• Strong commercial / contractual / civil engineering innovation/ business awareness.
• Ability to deal efficiently and fairly with complex Contractual issues / Contractual Claims / CEs / Payments, and negotiate swiftly with Contractors.
• Full driving licence.
38000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
COLCHESTER, ESSEXRead more
41846.00 - 50556.00 GBP Per Annum
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, ESSEXRead more
19.00 - 21.00 GBP Per Hour
LEEK, STAFFORDSHIRERead more
35000.00 - 39500.00 GBP Per Annum
CHELMSFORD, ESSEXRead more
40000.00 - 46000.00 GBP Per Annum
CHELMSFORD, ESSEXRead more