Warehousing and Logistics Manager
We are looking to recruit a Warehousing and Logistics Manager for our client, a leading beauty products company based in Trowbridge.
Overall responsibility for the continuous supply and storage of all materials used in the manufacture and supply of products
Required skills and experience
- Responsibility for ensuring all warehousing activities are managed in a safe manner ensuring all manufacturing operations, (dispensary, bulk manufacture, product filling and pack-off functions) have a continuous supply of materials according to the various production plans.
- Required to innovate and develop the team to drive forward operational efficiencies and cost reduction activities whilst maintaining the service levels and quality standards throughout the despatch, transportation and functions.
- Coordinate all activities involving third party warehousing and logistics activities, maintaining accurate stock holding records for all company owned and customer owned products.
- Ensure the safety of all warehousing staff and that all activities undertaken are carried out in an approved safe manner. Actively contributing to overall operational safety
- Management and storage of all materials, within scope of the warehousing operations in accordance with regulated and locally defined standards and protocols
- Ensuring that all picking operations are completed within the agreed time limits
- Ensure all raw materials, components and secondary materials are available in advance of production operations
- Developing team members and warehouse activities to ensure continuous improvement activities are delivered to achieve the target savings
- Control of warehouse and labour budgets in line with annual plans
- Ensuring stock accuracy levels are maintained within target levels and validating these by leading company Stock Take events and/or cycle counting activities
The ideal candidate will be degree educated, with a minimum of five years’ experience in manufacturing operations.
Why you should apply
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way, we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term ambitions.