REED are working with a forward-thinking organisation in King's Lynn, recruiting for the position of Logistics Coordinator.
Permanent, full time role working Monday to Friday 8am-5pm with 30 minute lunch break.
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic and motivated individual who has a hunger for success and wants to be part of a rapidly growing organisation.
Within the role you will coordinate the import logistics function within the business,
- Develop and maintain a database of freight forwarders, monitor performance and ensure only quality service is used.
- Attend potential and existing supplier meetings
- Receive requests for shipment from Procurement department and direct from suppliers.
- When goods ready to ship obtain relevant info (Weight, container size, shipping from port)
- Request quotations on shipment or road freight by consignment basis.
- Advise relevant PO owner for payment to supplier as needed
- Award each shipment and send PO to freight forwarder
- Update SAP with shipment details
- Chase suppliers for required shipping documentation
- Send clearance instructions to relevant freight forwarder, ensure correct commodity codes are used and reconciled to deferment account.
- Assist freight forwarder with booking in of deliveries.
- Keep the business updated of any delays
- Assist other departments with any logistic requirements as needed
- Existing administrative skills
- Strong communication skills and a friendly demeanour
- Excellent IT skills and
- Strong organisation with ability to prioritise a busy workload
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Professionalism and strong work ethic.
Full training will be provided in the role so we are looking for someone who is able to learn, and is interested in developing themselves.
Salary of £20,000 - £23,000 (maybe negotiable) dependant on experience.
25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
Other great benefits.
Please apply online as soon as possible with your up-to-date CV if you're interested.