A large & highly successful construction company in Bristol is recruiting for a Transport Planning Team Leader (30k-37k + car) to report into the Commercial Manager and manage a team of 5 direct reports. You will be working for the South West office (15 people approx) for a company that employs over 2000 people across the UK and more internationally. This role will suit someone looking for a step up or side step and will suit someone looking to progress alongside a highly successful company and team.
MAIN DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
* To manage the receipt and acceptance of Customer orders for deliveries of Ready-mix within South West to ensure deliveries meet our service promise and are delivered in the most economical manner.
* To manage effective distribution of sales demand on the Ready-mix delivery fleet, in order to achieve excellent customer service at best cost
* To manage the material requirements planning process to ensure optimum availability of manufacturing materials at plants.
* To manage and continually improve the capacity planning process to enable optimum efficiency on the Ready-mix delivery fleet.
* To manage and continually improve customer service levels in terms of delivering the promise to the customer.
* To ensure all administration tasks are completed i.e. sundries, within agreed timelines
* Daily liaison with the Supply Chain Supervisors to optimize Fleet utilization, truck transfers and material in the Southern Region.
* Managing the ordering and operational part of our Mini Mix business.
* Experience working with SAP modules
* Ready mix Operations Experience
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Customer focused
* Good IT Skills
* Experienced People Management
*Ability to work with new technology understanding of RMS System
*Ability to work under pressure in tense situations and take ownership of issues with the confidence to make informed decisions
* Hold a valid CPC is desirable
* Experience of managing Ready-mix truck drivers
In the office 5 days a week – 40h/week but flexible (7:30am start, 4:30 finish, etc or later start, later finish)
Every Saturday AM you must be available via phone for emergencies.
• Company car
• 25 days holidays + bank hols (3 in between Xmas and NY)
• Free on site Parking
• General bonus scheme – paid once a year in April – up to 7%
• Pension matched up to a % based on age
• Breakfast in the office – every Friday morning!