Leicester City Council is seeking a Social Worker for its Generic Adults / Community team.
The role will involve mainly working from home apart from essential visits where the risk to the service user is deemed to be high (PPE provided).
The role will involve the following:
- Community team working with older adults, physically disability, sensory impairment, substance misuse (excludes LD / MH)
- You will assess and manage a case load of complex cases
- Commissioning services in line with assessment needs (Community care packages, residential & nursing placement, respite)
- Be able to advise and explain financial implications to clients
- Arranging and chairing multi-disciplinary team meetings, working closely with partner agencies to create suitable packages of care for customers
- Promoting independence and personal budgets where relevant
- Direct payments
- Safeguarding enquiries and investigations
- Mental Capacity Assessments
- Best Interest Meetings
- Giving evidence / writing up court statements
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SWE Registered
- Must have post-qualifying experience in a statutory adult social care team
- Experience of Direct Payments
- Safeguarding knowledge
- MCA knowledge and experience
If this isn’t the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague – we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)
Some facts about working for Reed:
Here at Reed we care and we’re professional – in an industry that doesn’t have the best reputation at times – I hope we stand out!
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the Reed Foundation which supports good causes around the world.
Our company values are:
· We are fair, open and honest
· We take ownership
· We work together
We are also lucky to run many Local Authority contracts, we are a trusted partner for these clients and, as such, our conduct must be impeccable.
Would you consider joining us? I’m free to talk every week day from 8am onwards and happy to take evening calls too if it’s easier. And if we’re very lucky, perhaps you might tell your friends too – don’t forget we offer £250 per successful referral.
And just finally, we ask our candidates to evaluate our service regularly, here are some recent quotes:
“I get exceptional support from my consultant. She visits me at each placement to enquire on how things are getting on, meet my managers and offer moral support. I feel listened to and get valuable feedback from my consultant. I am always informed when suitable jobs are available especially when current job role is ending. I feel well supported by my consultant. Lindsey is exceptionally good, her support is commendable, she is the reason why I remain committed to continue working with Reed.”