|Location: ASHFORD, KENT||Salary: 13.06 - 13.06 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Legal||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3100895|
• To maintain and develop a comprehensive database to ensure effective and comprehensive reporting on Claims to the Board, its committees and heads of service.
• To ensure all claims and potential claims are managed in line with Trust policy and NHSLA schemes for Trusts.
• To work with the Head of Legal developing innovative reporting and to assist developing team processes to ensure the legal team achieve its KPIs.
• To fully investigate all potential claims, identifying litigation risks and working with staff to provide support, advice in relation to processes, and work with staff to empower changes practices to maximise patient safety and satisfaction, reducing inherent litigation risks.
• To represent the legal services team at meetings as and when required, either meeting with witnesses to prepare robust statements, provide support, at departmental meetings, or externally meeting with counsel and panel solicitors.
• To proactively engage with relevant directorates (e.g. Communications) to assist with reputation management.
• Provide feedback on a regular basis to various departments/teams within the organisation as to how they might be able to improve on areas of care where there is evidence of repetitive claims i.e. trips and slips at the organisation’s premises.
• To provide support as required to the team in assisting with establishing and maintaining systems of recording and managing responses to requests for statements and reports from a wide range of sources including KCC, Coroners and governing bodies.
• To identify best practice and make recommendations for local implementation.
• To work with the customer care team to promote local resolution where possible and reduce the prevalence of claims.
• To assist with investigations into complaints, triangulate with the complaints and incident team, to ensure that lessons are learnt across services, and disseminate such lessons Trust wide.
• To work with the team in ensuring all subject access requests and statement requests are handled in line with legislative requirements, and that an effective database in maintained throughout the process.
• To assist the team in working with Head of Legal Services and the Assistant Director in preparing litigation matters, coroner’s inquests or court of protection cases for trial, working as part of the team to provide support and witness care during the process.
• Work as part of the legal team to maintain and develop training programmes, delivering training as required.
The ability to communicate best practice in dealing with legal and tribunal proceedings and to support staff as an integral part of their job development. The contact that this post has with all those involved in claims and FOIA requests influences the way in which the Trust is perceived as a public body. Timeliness, fairness and a calm demeanour are essential in dealing with claims
18000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more
WINDSOR, BERKSHIRERead more
20000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
BOURNEMOUTH, DORSETRead more
10.00 - 12.00 GBP Per Hour
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more
15000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum
PORTSMOUTH, HAMPSHIRERead more