I am working with an organisation based in Staffordshire who are looking to recruit a Legal Secretary in to their business.
We are looking for someone who can :
- Provide accurate audio and copy typing.
- Has efficient keyboard skills.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook 2010.
- Computer literate.
- Organisational skills including efficient diary management.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Literate and numerate with neat legible handwriting.
- The ability to receive training and retain knowledge on application software.
- Able to work in a team.
The prime role of the Legal Secretary is to provide direct support to his/her principal(s) to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency and to aid in the provision of an effective and timely service to the firm’s clients. This will include but will not be limited to a varied list of main responsibilities, some examples are below. The legal secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative and to at all times assist all fee earners in achieving the maximum chargeable hours per day possible.
- Prepare accurate and presentable correspondence and documents through audio-typing, word processing and case plan as swiftly as possible.
- To have a good understanding of any case plan attached to the files being worked on i.e. file opening, conveyancing etc and to use these case plans efficiently.
- To ensure that all letters and documents throughout the firm take priority over the production of attendance notes.
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Compliance & Risk Manual.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary for his/her principal(s).
- To promote the firm and its professional image when dealing with clients, prospective clients and professional contacts.
- Prepare the meeting room for meetings as necessary and the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standard for client care.
- To complete basic legal forms relevant to the allocated fee earner’s work types with instruction.
- To have an appropriate knowledge of accounts practices, procedures and time limits so that on a day to day basis procedures are properly followed including bills, time records properly entered, cheque requisitions and receipt notices etc.
- To work on own initiative to progress standard fee earning work (including, for example, SDLT returns, Land Registry applications).
- To take responsibility, dependent upon departmental requirements for the archiving, storage and retrieval of client records (e.g. Deeds, Wills, Powers of Attorney).
- To assist with the provision of quotes to prospective clients of the firm and ensuring relevant client registers are updated in a timely manner.
- To assist with cashiering functions such as printing cheques, invoices, petty cash, online card payments, banking, matching and sending invoices and credit control on bills.
If you feel you have the skill set required and this role is of interest then please APPLY NOW or call Nicola 01902715589 at REED