I am currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant/PA for a well known client in Dorchester.
Purpose of Role: To assist the Legal Advisor by providing support in a way that is conducive to enabling them to operate at optimum efficiency. To undertake some fee-earning work with special emphasis on tasks relating to preparing documentation to go to clients and third parties, providing updates to other service providers and clients together with dealing with residential transactions post-exchange.
- Develop strong client relationships and conduct effective case and transaction management in accordance with client instructions and all appropriate law and practice.
- Manage workload effectively and ensure deadlines are met.
- Draft straightforward legal documents using the precedents provided, filing documents online where appropriate and develop skills to deal with more complex transactions.
- Opening new matters and sending out client care paperwork
- Drafting contracts on a sale file and obtaining redemption statements.
- Dealing with basic enquiries on a sale.
- Dictation as and when required.
- Obtain title documentation from the Land Registry.
- Prepare financial statements, invoices and accounts documentation.
- Ensure all email correspondence is entered on to Caseplan.
- Record and monitor time-critical dates, priority periods, mortgage expiry dates etc.
- Ensure all photocopying and scanning is accurate; take responsibility for checking photocopying/scanning done by Office Assistant.
- Submission of property searches using online portal.
- Preparing and sending out documentation to clients for signature as per legal advisor’s instructions.
- Prepare files for completion following exchange of Contracts including preparing exchange letters to various parties, requesting of estate agents’ commission accounts, redemption statements, accounts documentation, request for mortgage funds etc.
- Attend to the submission and payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax online.
- Providing updates to clients, estate agents and brokers on transactions accurately and using the information set out in Caseplan.
- Deal with the registration of properties and leases at the Land Registry online.
- Be willing to learn how to interpret the results of property due diligence with a view to preparing draft reports.
- Deal accurately and promptly with the filing of all correspondence and documentation.
- Assist the Legal Advisor with any aspect of file management, as requested.
- Prepare files for archiving and complete deletion forms promptly.
- Attend to clients on the ’phone and in person, accurately recording any messages and passing on to the appropriate person without delay.
- Schedule appointments, arrange meetings, and maintain up-to-date diaries using the appropriate diary function, if requested.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client documentation and/or information.
- Observe the Firm’s standards of quality management in all respects.
- Undertake any additional duties which from time to time may be requested.
Please apply now for more info!