Currently Representing a very reputable law firm based in Newcastle. Looking for an experienced PA to work in their corporate team.
- Providing professional and efficient secretarial and administrative support to a number of fee earners such as Partners, Associates, Trainees and other work providers.
- Creating and amending high volume of documents, correspondence and emails using audio dictation and manuscript.
- Comprehensive and proactive diary and travel management including scheduling meetings.
- Monitor and manage email inbox to ensure matters are filed or processed as appropriate.
- Acting as a liaison point for clients and colleagues.
- Dealing with clients on the telephone and in person in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
- Provide secretarial support to fee earners in other teams where appropriate and as directed by the client services team leader.
- To undertake any additional tasks as requested from time to time.
- Evaluate your role and ways to improve and develop for the benefit of yourself, your team and the firm.
It is essential that candidates are:
- Organised, with good planning skills
- Confidential and discrete
- Proactive, flexible and enthusiastic
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and multi-task You’ll also have effective oral and written skills with GCSEs or equivalent in English and Mathematics (Grades AC)
- Relevant secretarial, word processing or computing qualifications (e.g. NVQ, RSA, ECDL)
- A minimum typing speed of 65 wpm Previous experience should include:
- Extensive diary management
- Producing accurate documents and correspondence
- Dealing with clients both face to face and over the telephone
• Microsoft Word
• PowerPoint and Excel (desirable)
• Working with a document management system (preferred)
• Working with a financial management system (preferred)
The ideal candidate will also have excellent PA/secretarial skills with previous experience working at a senior level and on their own initiative. It’s also essential that you’re a highly motivated team player with a flexible approach to the working day and are prepared to work overtime at short notice when required. Previous experience supporting a corporate legal team is desirable. Knowledge of company secretarial/corporate compliance work and/or Blueprint OneWorld would be an advantage but not essential.