A leading law firm in central London are seeking a Legal Finance Assistant to join their established team. Primarily reporting to the Finance Manager with additional reporting lines into the management accounting team. The successful candidate will providing support to the finance function in the day-to-day processing and handling of accounts transactional matters, will already have at least a year’s transactional finance experience within a Law firm.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coding and processing of chargeable and non-chargeable invoices.
• Responsible for Payment runs.
• Providing support of authorisation of manual cheques and electronic payments
• Assisting the reconciliation of supplier statements
• Attending to administrative duties including distribution of cheques by post, administration of banking instructions and filing of paperwork.
• Maintaining the cash collections spreadsheet and sending daily email notification to the line manager
• Processing cash receipts and attending to allocation of cash to sales invoices
• Participating in the month end close process
• To assist line managers with any project related duties.
• Working in line with Solicitor Accounts Rules (SRA).
• To provide cover in the absence of other members of the Finance team, where appropriate.
There are some excellent benefits with this opportunity, please send your CV at your earliest convenience to be considered.