Legal Executive (Full time) needed in Guildford
Reed Legal are proud to be working with a leading Industrial gases and Engineering company in their search for a new Corporate Legal Executive.
Drafting experience is essential and a willingness to get involved with admin days as required.
Purpose of the position
To support the Company Secretary as required
- To assist the Company Secretary with administrative matters for the listed holding company and with corporate and financial reorganisations and other projects, such as intra-group corporate and asset transfers and dividends in specie, often of a complex nature, of high value (circa £1 billion) and with an international dimension
- To assist the Company Secretary with administrative matters for the listed holding company and with European listing notifications
- Liaising with all levels of the organisation (up to UK RLT) and worldwide on ad hoc issues arising from internal and external corporate developments
- Providing UK and Irish subsidiary company statutory and compliance work including the drafting of minutes
- Helping to ensure subsidiary companies comply with the relevant Companies Act and regulatory bodies
- Disseminating corporate and director’s personal information in response to internal and external requests
- Investigating group companies and liaising with UK and overseas stakeholders to ascertain actual and contingent liabilities, drafting of board minutes and other documents and advising on the reduction of balance sheets to wind up of companies (Companies Act route)
- Drafting and preparation of deeds: of powers of attorney, declarations and revocations of trusts as required
- Advising on information and documents that can be provided in the UK to meet the requirements of foreign jurisdictions and liaising with notaries to meet stakeholder requirements, often at short notice, including the drafting and or provision of certificates, copy statutory registers, proxies, letters of representation and other documents for UK and overseas companies
- Liaison with solicitors and agents in other jurisdictions on an ad hoc basis
- To use and refer to a computerised database (Computershare’s GEMs database) on 85+ of the Group's UK companies in the UK and Ireland as and when required.
To liaise with Tax, Finance, Treasury & Legal functions in the UK, Munich and the U.S. To liaise mainly with UK senior management and directors as required.
Required critical behaviours
- Proficient written and verbal communicator
- Ability to work with senior levels of the organisation up to UK RLT levels
- A strong contributing team player
- Energy and flexibility: a self-starter with a willingness to succeed and be part of a busy team
- Readiness to assume responsibility for new tasks/issues arising
- Commitment to ethical conduct
- Motivated to ensure that a job is finalised and completed in a manner that meets all stakeholder requirements and without the need to duplicate efforts at a later date
- Drive to succeed by meeting deadlines
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information
- Ability to influence managers and others
Required key skills (functional/technical)
- Strong written communications skills
- Good understanding of UK company law.
- Knowledge of Irish company law would be a bonus.
If you think this is the role for you, please apply now