We are currently recruiting for a Revenue Accounts Assistant to support a busy finance team for our client based near Gatwick.
• Actively manage live matters, to ensure WIP and disbursements are recovered, client account balances are zero and the matter can be closed promptly.
• Time transaction. Including transferring or reversing time postings and manually re-valuing time.
• Reconcile ledgers and deal with fee earner queries.
• Transfer monies within the client ledgers to comply with Solicitor’s Accounts Rules.
• Write off small balances and close files.
• Management of group disbursements including purchase ledger postings and editing and direct debit postings and procedures.
• Provide cover for holiday and sickness including any work cover required over the Christmas period.
• Provide ad-hoc financial reports for fee-earners as required including month end routines.
• Any other ad-hoc jobs as requested by the Assistant Revenue Accounting Manager or other senior member of the Accounts team.
• Attend group meetings and any training as required by the Revenue Accounting Manager or a other senior member of the Accounts team which may include travel to other offices.
What we are looking for:
• Previous experience in professional services
• Previous experience of bill production including fees/time, disbursements and VAT requirements
• Knowledge of disbursements including purchase/counsel fee ledgers
• Understanding of fee earner time recording
• High level of numeracy
• Good computer literacy skills, particularly strong in MS Excel
• Flexible approach to work
• Able to work to tight deadlines and maintain a calm attitude.