I am currently working with a client based in an Essex law firm looking for a Legal Cashier paying £25k - £30k.
This is initially a maternity cover role but with a view to go permanent as the organisation is growing.
The client is looking for someone with the experience below:
- Reconciling Client bank accounts, computerised client ledgers and cashbooks, including timely investigation and correction of any queries/errors.
- Processing of Client account receipts - checking, recording and crediting the receipts to the correct client's ledger.
- Ensuring that all banking is done promptly.
- Processing of Client payments - checking that sufficient cleared funds are available, drawing client cheques, recording/arranging Client Faster Payments and CHAPS etc.
- Drawing Business Account cheques and posting direct debits (Land Registry, Seachflow etc.) that relate to the client’s ledgers.
- Ensuring all documents are correctly filed.
- Checking completion statements in conveyancing transactions.
- Checking and Posting of bills.
- Reconciliation of the Business bank accounts.
- Processing the Purchase Ledger and Barclaycard invoices.
- Processing the Client Account to Business Account daily transfer.
The current Legal Cashier will be going on maternity leave early May therefore the client would like someone to start late March / early April for a solid handover.
If you are interested in this role please don't hesitate to get in touch.