Reed Accountancy are currently recruiting for a Legal Cashier in Birmingham City centre for a credible and professional Law Firm.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the main purpose of job will be:
1. Assist in the smooth running of the practice by attending to the various financial transactions arising from the work of the Firm and its internal operation - both private and legally aided.
2. Assist in the smooth running of the Finance Department and see that it provides the appropriate services to the Firm’s clients and to all departments of the Firm.
1. The Firm’s financial transaction are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner.
2. All tasks are dealt with in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules as amended from time to time.
3. The Department complies with the various standards including those set by the SRA, Law Society, Legal Aid Agency, Money Laundering Regulations and Data Protection regulations.
1. Carry out on a day to day basis all the Finance Department functions requested by the Director of Finance or Finance Manager.
2. To perform all duties carried out in the Finance Department and to perform such of these as are necessary for the smooth running of the department and see that it provides the appropriate services to the Firm's clients and to all departments of the Firm.
3. To process client matters through the Finance Department and keep appropriate records.
4. Ensure compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules at all times.
5. To use correct office systems and procedures in order to manage matters effectively and in accordance with the Firm’s standards.
6. To process client matters on a timely, efficient and technically correct basis.
7. To arrange for the collection of outstanding disbursements as soon as possible and to ensure monthly billing is completed promptly and month end close downs are on a timely basis.
8. To operate the Firm’s credit control procedures and credit limits as appropriate.
9. To maintain professional standards
10. To disseminate information relating to all financial and Finance Department matters to all fee earners and other members of staff as appropriate.
11. To keep technically up to date by training and research.
12. To comply with the requirements of the Lexcel Office Manual.
13. To understand the needs of the clients and apply the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to their transactions.
14. To communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
15. To comply with the office requirements for training and attend sufficient relevant courses as agreed with the Training Partner.
16. To ensure that accounting knowledge in your specialist area is kept up to date and ensure all persons to whom matters may be delegated are kept up to date.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
1. To possess the skills necessary for the performance of the duties of a member of the Finance Department including the ability to communicate well with members of staff and clients and to maintain the standards set by the Firm.
2. To undertake where appropriate a relevant professional course of education and training
3. To have either worked in a suitable Finance Department/Accounts Department role before to gain relevant experience or be trained during the course of employment with the Firm.