|Location: WEST END, LONDON||Salary: 24000 - 32000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 4 months ago||Reference: 3112914|
• Carrying our day to day banking functions;
• Issuing cheques from client and office account;
• Dealing with client and office receipts;
• Bill checking and posting;
• Inter-account transfers;
• Purchase ledger;
• Posting journal entries to nominal accounts
• Keeping client and office account ledgers up to date and posting all transactions regularly and efficiently;
• Administering cheque and payments in;
• Dealing with daily queries from Partners, Legal Staff and Secretaries in relation to accounting queries;
• Ensuring compliance to Solicitors Accounts Rules
• Liaising with the firm’s suppliers and paying the invoices;
• Organising telegraphic transfers/CHAPS/BACS payments as required subject to authorisation and approval by a partner;
• Liaising with the customer service team at the firm’s bank, Barclays Bank Plc, as necessary;
• Credit control bad debt collection when required
• General administration, including filing and archiving;
Financial management in liaison with fee earners including time/disbursements recording and receiving information and inputting it as required, assisting with financial queries relating to files.
To ensure that the best of your ability fee earners are kept satisfied in relation to accounts matters and reporting any formal complaints or concerns relating to any financial or accounts based enquiries to the Managing Partner for investigation.
To work at all times in accordance with the policies and practices of the firm defined within the Office Manual and to liaise with the Managing Partner regarding any ideas for improvement to the quality system.
Occasionally to assist with other general office administrative tasks and functions as and when required by the partners for the needs of the business
Experience of working as a Legal Cashier in the accounts department of a law firm.
Conversant with Solicitors’ Accounts Rules
Proficiencies IT literate with knowledge of Excel.
The role requires an efficient approach and a high degree of accuracy. There will be considerable interaction with fee earners and support staff from around the firm.
17000.00 - 22000.00 GBP Per Annum
BARNSLEY, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more
15 - 20 GBP Per Hour
OXTED, SURREYRead more
28000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
GODSTONE, SURREYRead more
20000 - 20000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
17000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
KENILWORTH, WARWICKSHIRERead more