A dynamic London based law firm are looking for a Billing Assistant to join their established finance team on an ongoing temporary basis. This is likely to be for more than six months with a chance of the role going permanent for the right person. The main responsibility will be able to deliver pro-active approach to billing, working closely with the partners & fee-earners, and WIP Management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring the prompt and accurate production of all bills, ensuring that they comply with relevant VAT rules and presentational standards
• Assist in the accurate processing of all write-offs of unbillable time and disbursements
• Generating draft & final bills to the agreed format and instructions
• Cancellation of invoices and preparing credit notes where necessary
• Ensure compliance with SAR, VAT & International tax regulations
• Dealing with any inter-folio transfers
• Preparing soft copy bills and arranging for distribution as directed
• Liaising with fee earners to resolve any queries
• Assist and support with E-Billing process
• Experience in a law firm is essential.
• Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules and VAT
• Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work unsupervised and on one's own initiative
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Confident manner and personal impact to command the respect of partners
• Highly PC literate with strong systems skills, particularly in Excel and ideally in Elite (or similar).
Please be aware you will need to be immediately available to start, please apply without delay to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
Reed offers unique benefits to all temporary workers being paid PAYE by Reed, these include:
Access to free training
This is to ensure you have the full range of skills to meet our clients' needs.
Reed Discount Card
When you register on reed.co.uk/temp you are entitled to benefits through the Reed discount card scheme. We have joined together with several trusted partners to give you access to discounts off a wide range of products and services. These companies include Virgin Experience, National Express, David Lloyd Leisure and Thomas Cook Direct. Click for more information on the Discount Card.
Paid holiday scheme
Reed also offers paid holiday to temporary workers. The scheme offers a maximum of four weeks or 20 days paid holiday per year.
Statutory sick pay
Should you fall ill for four consecutive days following 13 continuous weeks of temporary assignments, you may be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from Reed.
Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) is a government scheme administered by Reed on behalf of the DSS. There are a number of rules and procedures to be observed.
Stakeholder pension scheme
Setting up a pension is an excellent way of planning for the future, and with this in mind, Reed has appointed the Independent Financial Advisers, Thomson's Benefits Consultants Ltd, to make a new stakeholder pension easily available to you.