|Location: BRENT, MIDDLESEX||Salary: 12.00 - 15.00 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Legal||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: FULL TIME||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3104370|
West London Local Authority
We are currently looking for a Legal Assistant with experience in Prosecutions to join the Housing and Litigation within a busy local authority Legal Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Prosecutions of Landlords and Agents for offences under the Housing Act 2004
• Management of Houses in Multiple Occupations Regulations 2006 and Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
• Prosecution of landlords for offences under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
• Liaising with court and finance departments to ensure costs are awarded and properly allocated and paid
• Providing legal advice, drafting correspondence and documents and undertaking litigation where necessary
• Instructing Counsel and attending court in straightforward applications
• Assist and support the senior members of the team – the Principal Solicitor, Senior Prosecutions Advocate and Senior Legal Assistants
• Attend to your personal administrative work and maintain and update electronic records
• Other necessary responsibilities that may arise.
We are looking for candidates with experience within Prosecutions and preferably with experience prosecuting in relation to Housing matters.
Local Authority / Public Sector experience is desirable.
The successful candidate should be a law graduate and have a minimum of 12 months
17000 - 22000 GBP Per Annum
EASTBOURNE, EAST SUSSEXRead more
18000 - 20000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
CHRISTCHURCH, DORSETRead more
18000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more
35.00 - 40.00 GBP Per Hour
SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more
20000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum
BERKHAMSTEAD, HERTFORDSHIRERead more