Reed Business Support are working with one of our Edinburgh based public sector clients that are on the hunt for an Assessment Administrator to join their organisation on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an extremely inclusive and professional organisation that offer a professional and supportive working environment.
The post holder will be responsible for managing their own workload and reporting to senior colleagues within the team.
Initially the role will be home based but will require presence within the office post lock down.
The Assessment Administrator will be part of training programme which will include on job training, job shadowing, coaching and mentoring. The training period will last approximately 6 months and the programme will be customised to the needs of the post holder.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To assess solicitors accounts and process payments in accordance with appropriate legislation and procedures within prescribed limits of authority and within prescribed timescales, liaising with colleagues and solicitors to optimise successful outcomes.
• Organise own workload as determined by incoming mail and notifications to meet departmental targets
• Assess fees calculated by solicitors against regulations and fee tables
• Check information submitted and request additional information as required
• Handle queries within limits of authority and refer upwards if necessary
• Communicate with solicitors to request or provide information
• Liaise with colleagues and staff in other departments to obtain information
• Prepare and refer novel or problematic accounts, or accounts out-with limits of authority, to the Team Leader
• Read and understand legislation
• Administrative and customer service experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to understand and apply legislation and regulations
• Ability to apply sound judgement within parameters of relevant legislation
• A strong work ethic and understanding of public sector work culture
• Good IT skills and knowledge of MS Office packages, in particular Microsoft Teams, Excel, Word and Outlook
• Ability to work to deadlines, while maintaining a good level of accuracy under a minimum of supervision
• Flexible and adaptable to the requirements of the job and others within the team
• Demonstrable good attention to detail and strong numerical skills
• Able to use initiative when required
The client is ideally looking for a candidate with experience of working within the public sector, although this is not essential.
Sound like the Administration role you have been looking for?
Apply online today!