We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant due to growth within the business of a well known solicitors based near Gatwick.
- Actively manage live matters, to ensure WIP and disbursements are recovered, client account balances are zero and the matter can be closed promptly.
- Time transaction. Including transferring or reversing time postings and manually re-valuing time.
- Reconcile ledgers and deal with fee earner queries.
- Transfer monies within the client ledgers to comply with Solicitor’s Accounts Rules.
- Write off small balances and close files.
- Management of group disbursements including purchase ledger postings and editing and direct debit postings and procedures.
- Provide ad-hoc financial reports for fee-earners as required including month end routines.
- 3Any other ad-hoc jobs as requested by the Assistant Revenue Accounting Manager or other senior member of the Accounts team.
- Previous experience working with in a law firm
- Previous accounts experience
- Intermediate Excel Skills