Applications are invited from highly experienced health care practitioners with significant experience in simulation-based education (SBE). You will be required to contribute to the design, delivery and evaluation of simulation-based education for the School of Medicine utilising a broad range of simulation-based education strategies.
The Undergraduate Medical Student (MBChB) programme is a five-year undergraduate course. The appointee will have responsibilities to support, manage and deliver SBE across the five-year programme, along with supporting work in the postgraduate School.
Overall, you will report to the NHS Director of Simulation and be accountable to the Director of Clinical Skills, Simulation & OSCE.
The core duties of the post are highlighted below. The post is being offered as a grade 8 depending on:
- Level of experience of managing a SBE portfolio of programmes.
- Level of experience delivering formal SBE programmes.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in SBE design and development.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in curriculum design and development.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in delivering clinical education at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Level of mentoring and support required on appointment to the post.
- Experience of delivering teaching for an MBChB programme.
- Level of formal teaching qualification.
Working hours are full-time, 1.0FTE, on-site. During teaching the hours are, 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
During the delivery of LivDocSim and large-scale teaching programmes the hours of work may alter and may on occasions require longer hours of work and occasional weekend working. Large scale SBE events are planned in the timetable each academic year and are short in period. Flexibility is essential. Key Relationships: Director of Clinical Skills, Simulation & OSCE, NHS Director of Simulation, Supra Theme Lead and Theme Lead for core skills, Supra Theme Leads for 'Good Doctor', 'In Secondary Care' & 'Community Care'. School's Clinical Skills Team and local and national simulation community.
Education, Qualifications and Training:
- Qualified healthcare professional registered with the GMC, NMC, HCPC, PAMVR or equivalent.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education or equivalent.
- Evidence of other health care related or academic qualifications at degree level.
- Fellowship of ULTRA/HEA
- Qualification in simulation based education.