|Location: COLCHESTER, ESSEX||Salary: 23500 - 35500 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Education||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 7 months ago||Reference: 3067613|
Pay Rate: £23,500 - £35,500 p/a
Hours: Full time
Closing Date: 18/08/2017
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the Essex area.
The Faculty of Construction and Engineering Technologies are currently seeking a Lecturer in Electrical Installations and Associated Trades to teach electrical installations and associated subjects including embedment of English and maths as appropriate. If you are applying for band 2, this role will also require you to undertake course leadership and curriculum development duties within the Faculty.
To teach electrical installations and associated subjects including embedment of English and maths as appropriate
For Band 2 position
To undertake course leadership and curriculum development duties within the faculty
1. To prepare teaching/learning materials.
2. To conduct teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of individual students, courses and the curriculum, keeping attendance records and maintaining student discipline.
3. To set, mark and record relevant coursework and assessments.
4. To counsel and guide students in respect of their academic progress and, as appropriate, their pastoral concerns and needs and making referrals to specialist services as appropriate; contributing to student reports and references as required.
5. To contribute to the work of subject and programme teams, committees and boards, as appropriate.
6. To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learners work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met.
7. To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your sessions utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes.
8. To contribute to the development of curricula and specialist facilities within the Faculty.
9. To actively promote the Institute’s programmes, attend open evenings, parents evenings, careers events, school visits and similar marketing and publicity activities.
10. To maintain and extend links with external organisations as appropriate.
11. To participate in the colleges performance and development review scheme.
12. To develop and update personal professional expertise in the relevant subject areas.
13. To apply and actively promote the colleges Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies
14. To actively promote equality and diversity and apply the colleges E & D policy
15. To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
The successful candidate will have a good standard of general education to level 2 indicated through good GCSE results or equivalent including Maths and English GCSE grades A-C. You will also hold a Level 3 or equivalent in electrical installations and a willingness to work towards a recognised teaching qualification. You will have significant industrial experience within the electrical installation industry. Ability to travel between campuses as required.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years’ referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
25.00 - 25.00 GBP Per Hour, inc benefits
STOCKTON-ON-TEES, CLEVELANDRead more
36500.00 - 36500.00 GBP Per Annum
WALTHAMSTOW, LONDONRead more
24.24 - 24.24 GBP Per Hour
SMALLFORD, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
18.00 - 25.00 GBP Per Hour, inc benefits
REDCAR, CLEVELANDRead more
33.10 - 33.10 GBP Per Hour
HAMMERSMITH, LONDONRead more