Job Title: Learning Support Worker
Hours: Variable/Flexible Term Time only 0900-1600
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the Bristol area.
Starting immediately, the college are looking for an outstanding Learning Support worker to join them on a temporary basis.
Candidates need to be experienced with prior experience in learning support/SEND and available for either long term or day to day supply
-To work with targeted students identified as having additional needs, either in a 1:1 or small group situation or in class as appropriate.
-To support individual students with additional needs to set targets which focus on improving their outcomes and removing any skills gaps, paying particular attention to difficulties associated with their specific learning difficulties or impairments.
-To support the initial assessment process, and to work with the Learning Development Team Manager and Senior LSA to use this and other information (e.g. reports from schools) to implement strategies to be included in students’ Initial Needs Assessment Form, and subsequently to implement those strategies.
- To plan and review the progress of individual students against specific targets, setting achievable but challenging objectives.
What you will need:
· Must hold A-C in maths and/or English or equivalent
· Experience supporting SEN students in Education
· Good classroom management
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.