|Location: COVENTRY, WEST MIDLANDS||Salary: 65000.00 - 75000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: about 2 months ago||Reference: 3050509|
My client is undergoing an exciting phase of growth driven by significant investment and new business opportunities creating the need for them to enhance their in-house centre of excellence for software development.
The Lead Architect will sit within a 6 person Solutions Architecture team, reporting into Head of Architecture, with a view of stepping up into a Chief Architect position in the future. The Lead Architect will be working closely with business stakeholders, other IT teams and the Programme Management Office (PMO) to ensure the successful delivery of projects to time, cost and quality objectives, whilst driving the direction of the Enterprise Architecture in line with the corporate IT strategy and established Architecture Principles.
• Deliver the strategy for a Centre of Excellence/Competency Centre in Solutions Architecture
• Ensure the design of high quality software solutions that satisfy documented business requirements for IT projects of varying size and complexity.
• Provide technical and team leadership to team members through coaching and mentorship
• Plan and coordinate the use of human resources (internal and external) across projects, changes and problem management.
• Drive a programme of continual improvement in areas such as process optimization and the adoption of tools, automation and other techniques that eliminate waste, champion the adoption of lean principles and ensure that the software engineering process is optimized and automated as far as possible.
• Communication of architectural roadmaps, development plans, estimates & status updates to project stakeholders, sponsors and colleagues on the IT leadership team
• Collaborate closely with business engagement colleagues on the IT leadership on the planning and scheduling of architectural resources.
• Influence IT strategy, architecture, technology and application roadmaps and 3-5 year IT Technical Strategy for application architecture interpreting and future Technology trends and advances.
• Report on KPIs for productivity and quality
• Implement Architectural framework principles
• Appreciates the broad IT and commercial perspective and an understanding of the overall picture of how the design function contributes to the Business
• Participate in recruitment activities including the selection, screening and on-boarding of new employees and contract staff.
Desirable personal attributes / qualifications:
- Experience as a Lead or Senior Applications Solutions Architect
- Experience of Agile / Devops practices
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- TOGAF Certified
- COBIT Certified
- Strong communication skills
39000.00 - 51000.00 GBP Per Annum
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
49000 - 54000 GBP Per Annum, OTE
TAUNTON, SOMERSETRead more
50000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
EDINBURGH, MIDLOTHIANRead more
30000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum
LICHFIELD, STAFFORDSHIRERead more