Are you a Lecturer considering a fresh challenge? Looking for a new opportunity in Education? Then REED Education want to hear from you!
Title – Land based Lecturer
Position – Part time, temporary
Location – South Yorkshire
Salary - £16.70 - £25 per hour
REED Further Education branch are working in partnership with an Education Group in South Yorkshire striving to be an ‘outstanding’ education and training provider.
The college are looking for someone to teach Land based and Countryside Management to students at one of their campuses in the local area.
- After recent mergers they have worked with staff across the organisation to create a new set of values that everyone is committed to.
- They celebrate diversity and are proud to have been recognised as Investors in Diversity for their work on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and young children.
- Requires you to deliver units on land based, countryside management, animal and horticulture, these include but are not limited to;
- Plant and Soil Science
- Countryside Estate Skills Activities
- Management of Environmental Habitats
- Woodland Management
- Identification, planting and caring for trees
- Is Part time, temporary with some flexibility on working hours/days depending upon your skill set.
- Will involve; maintaining records, writing reports and updating student progress. Develop and maintain a good relationship with a caseload of learners.
What do you need to meet the criteria?
- Minimum of a level 3 or equivalent qualification in a related subject area
- Hold a teaching qualification or be working towards one
- Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English
- DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply and pay for a new check
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Did you know?
- Reed Further Education offer market leading pay rates; along with additional holiday pay.
- We have specialist dedicated recruitment consultants to take care of every part of the recruitment process, and meet all our candidates face to face. If you are interested in registering in person, please get in contact.
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years’ referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Are you degree qualified in engineering or a similar subject area?