Reed Education Cardiff are currently supporting a large Secondary School in Newport who are looking to add a Teaching Assistants to their existing team on a 12-month contract. With an ASAP start available, the school are looking for an experienced Special Needs Teaching Assistant who has experience in working with lower ability learners, ranging from the ages of 11 to 16 years old.
- Large Newport Secondary School with great facilities, based just on the outside of the city
- Mainstream classroom sizes ranging from 18-30 pupils
- Special resource base for children with specialist or additional learning needs
- To help engage lower ability learners into their education, sometimes acting as one a one to tutor in small groups
- Helping children with special educational needs amongst a strong TA network within the school
- Acting as role model an inspirational leader to the children at all times
What you will need:
- Experience in working with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- A patient and calm personality
- A passion for supporting children throughout their education
- A clear DBS and excellent references
If this sounds like a role you that would suit you, then please send me your most up to date CV by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. If you have any questions, please contact me on 02920 386515 to discuss – I am happy to support you in figuring out the next step in your career.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.