Title: Junior Web Developer
Salary: £20 - £35k DOE
Reed technology have the pleasure to be working with an award winning company based in the heart of Cambridge. My client are looking for a junior web developer to join their established development team, working closely with the design team the successful candidate will build websites and applications for clients across a number of market sectors. With assistance from the commercial and design teams, each developer takes responsibility for supporting and resolving a project’s technical issues through to successful deployment.
The successful candidate will work primarily in Python and Django on the back-end, and build high quality responsive front-end templates, delivering outstanding quality across mobile, tablet and desktop devices. The role requirements for this position consist of but are not limited to the following:
- Champion and implement industry-leading development best practices to ensure a high-quality web deliverable on every project.
- Work closely with the team’s Lead Developer to work within a company-wide development workflow - helping to enforce a consistent and streamlined process and highlight opportunities for improvement.
- Implement robust, high-quality, CMS managed websites and custom web applications to project deadlines.
- Work to implement technical work on-spec and on-time.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with an object oriented programming language, preferably Python.
- Demonstrable experience building front end templates using HTML5/CSS3.
- Experience with version control - Git or similar.
- An awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and their resolution.
- Knowledge of responsive development best practices, preferably with some experience building a responsive interface.
- Demonstrable experience building web applications in professional, freelance or personal projects.
If you meet the above criteria for the Junior Web Developer role we would love to hear from you. Upload your CV for immediate consideration and please be assured that your CV will be treated with the strictest of confidence and not sent anywhere without your consent. For more information please contact Chris Maurice on 01223 463307. Reed Technology are an equal opportunities employer that are operating as a recruitment agency.