|Location: COLCHESTER, ESSEX||Salary: 20000 - 20000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 11 months ago||Reference: 3127902|
As a Junior Tester your responsibilities are to:
• Produce functional test scripts – Our fantasy games have a constantly evolving feature set and as a result require continuous testing. The Tester will write manual test cases for a feature and then execute them, recording the results. They will then contribute this work to the regression testing process.
• Understand functional requirements -The tester will be expected to work closely with the product owner on understanding new features. The tester will be expected to translate the requirements into test scenarios which can be used to ensure that requirements are met.
• Work closely with Developers -Testing is performed as part of the development of individual features. As a result testers perform a crucial role in ensuring that the features are delivered to a high standard and fulfil the requirements which were set.
• Load testing - Previous Load Testing experience / skills is not a requirement. However, there will be opportunities to apply any existing knowledge or learn new skills in this area.
Flexibility: to perform other duties, as and when required to ensure the smooth running of the organisation and to meet the needs of the business.
Professional Skills & Abilities needed:
• Methodical yet creative approach to testing tasks:
• Systematic coverage of software
• Acute attention to detail
• Novel thinking which pushes software to breaking point
• Prioritise according to client and business needs
• Agile Methodologies
• Automation experience with Selenium or similar
• Effective communicator:
• Articulate scenarios which cause software defects both verbally and written
• Explain test process ideas
• Challenge workflows and business processes for improvement
• Motivated, passionate, positive, hard-working.
• Knowledge of web and database technologies
• An understanding of Football and other sports (not essential)
• Knowledge of basic mobile device testing practices
• Experience of Jira, Putty, Burp and TestRail (or similar)
• Understand of the QA Release and deployment Management Process
Interpersonal Skills & Abilities
• Passion for quality - Software Testers should demonstrate a passion for software application quality. A goal of the tester is to ensure the highest quality output of every code change.
• Communication - Communication is a key skill at this compnany therefore Software Testers need to ensure they communicate any issues or required changes effectively with their team.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Willingness to learn new skills and can follow direction
• Ability to identify and write manual functional tests - The Software Tester should have experience and aptitude for translating feature requirements and product knowledge into thorough and concise test scenarios
• Aptitude for manual execution of tests -The Software Tester should be diligent and thorough when manually executing tests. Manual execution will form a large part of their role
• Knowledge of software testing methodologies
• Understanding of web and database technologies
• Completive salary: £20,000 basic
• Monday – Friday
If you are immediately available and have experience In the above please contact Emma White Immediately on 01206840100 or Email: Emma.firstname.lastname@example.org
35000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
23000 - 31000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
BODMIN, CORNWALLRead more
31000 - 37000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
BODMIN, CORNWALLRead more
20000.00 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
LISBURN, COUNTY ANTRIMRead more
22000.00 - 22000.00 GBP Per Annum
ELLESMERE PORT, CHESHIRERead more