REED Technology are pleased to be working with a multi-million pound company based in Avonmouth who are looking to recruit a new junior support engineer to join their team.
This is a great opportunity for a support technician or a budding IT enthusiast who is looking to progress in their career as you will be trained and mentored to deal with a variety of IT support queries within this diverse and commercial organisation.
This role comes with great benefits of which include annual profit share, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, employer pension contribution of 8%, free parking and subsidised canteen.
If this sounds like the role for you, please read on!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Providing IT support to end users, including but not limited to support of software, hardware, operating systems and internal systems.
• Maintaining IT records including recording of assets, IT requests, User Accounts, e-mail accounts and general network information.
• Building and deploying computers to users ensuring they are built to the standard configurations and also setup / dispatched with all necessary software and equipment.
• Supporting the campus style network consisting of UTP, fibre and Wireless technologies.
• Providing basic user training as required.
• There will be a requirement to work on-call 1 week out of every 6 for which you will be financially compensated
The following experience would be desirable:
• Microsoft server and desktop operating systems;
• Network technologies including switches, routing and WIFI;
• MS Office support;
• Any previous exposure to VMWare technologies including ESX and VSphere would be desirable.
This is a great opportunity and not to be missed. If this sounds like the role for you please apply online ASAP. Successful candidates will be contacted within 24 hours.