Junior Purchasing Manager - Produce
Location: High Wycombe
Fixed Term Contract: 6 Months starting ASAP!
A purchasing company based in High Wycombe is now looking for a junior purchasing manager to join the warm and friendly produce department ASAP/. Working with the worlds largest sandwich franchise they are keen to welcome someone to the team.
- To assist the Produce Purchasing Managers in the delivery of the strategic purchasing goals of the company and franchise across Europe.
- To assist in the delivery of agreed projects in line with agreed global and local strategies, delivering safe products, lower costs and manage the risks for our Franchisee Owners.
- Ensuring compliance to the purchasing process on products, pricing and contract management
- Ensuring benefit tracking and cost tracking data is always updated and accurate
- Assisting with the launch of produce programs in new markets to agreed deadlines
- Obtaining information from Franchisees and suppliers as required
- Supporting the Purchasing Managers with the formation and implementation of Category plans or any other projects as required
- Cost analysis and maintaining up to date market price and compliance data by market
- Completing accurate research and analysis to support purchasing decisions and the development of category plans
- Ensuring new or changed products are delivered into the supply chain in a timely manner
- Ensuring pricing and product data is accurate at all times and all changes are made in a timely manner
- Developing tools and databases to ensure the team has ready access to all the data it needs.
- Increasing amount of spend under management by IPC Europe
- Delivering savings and other franchisee benefits on identified categories
- Supplier cost and market data analysis to support category management and negotiation activities
- Developing and maintaining category specific databases and tracking tools
- Assist with the delivery of value adding activity & development of new market specific IPC Managed produce solutions
- Execution of timely and accurate communications, product change overs, product information etc.
- Monitor supplier base and compliance to the produce program within all markets
- Analyse benefits to Franchisees and produce basket costs per market
- Assist with launching new suppliers, SUBWAY® approval process and communications
- Assist with the administration required to set up new supplier contracts within agreed timelines
- Upon successful completion of an induction period candidate will also be responsible for managing a defined category or categories in line with IPC Europe category management principles
The ideal candidate will have / be:
- Commercial experience working in a food or beverage company, preferably experience within a purchasing and supply chain environment
- Excellent communicator with strong written skills
- Good stakeholder management
- Experience of international and cross-cultural working is an advantage
- Strong analytical, commercial and negotiation skills
- Experience working in a service-orientated organization with demanding customers
- Some European travel will be required in this role