Are you a Demand planner looking for your next challenge? This could be an exciting new opportunity for you.
Our client is seeking a Demand planner to join their busy team in Milton Keynes. The company is a well established and successful retailer with this being their UK head office. Someone with retail knowledge would be a desirable or experiences within FMCG.
Own and Manage Forecast
- Provide Executive Management, Marketing, and Product Development with actionable market information to refine brand strategies and execution at retail
- Compile and evaluate a market-based and event-driven forecast for in-line products, new products, business development and market assessment
- Utilize available sources of customer data available for forecasting and supply chain management to effectively mine and summarize data for interpretation
- Maintain and monitor market shares corporately
- Act as subject matter resource for demand planning among team and cross-functionally
POS and Shipment Forecast
- Report and monitor media impact on POS at retail on a weekly basis
- Understand how sales trends, promotional activity and shipment patterns will affect demand and make appropriate recommendations to forecasts
- Assist inputting EPOS data received form customers portals/emails into relevant trackers.
- Work closely with Account Managers
- Create new line forms, deal with admin queries, business reviews, FSDUs, sales queries/requests, create ad-hoc reports when required
- Attend team meetings/product reviews when required
- Monitor and maintain critical launch tracker through liaising with Key Accounts, Marketing and National Account Managers
- Maintain weekly trackers to show customer EPOS data
- Deal with ad-hoc customer material requests as advised by Account Manager
- Running Reports – Chase / Business Reviews / UK weekly reports and other reports where required.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate knowledge/experience of FMCG Supply Chain
- Be highly numerate and strong on systems with advanced Excel including pivot tables, lookups, data analysis functions
- Be highly numerate and analytical, with great attention to detail
- Be an authoritative & influential member of the team with a willingness to exceed expectations
- Be able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in a cross-functional environment
- Be required to present data & results clearly & confidently both verbally & in writing
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and tenacity to drive business performance and improvements
If this role sounds of interest please contact Kristine on 01908 660057 for more information or apply directly on line.