Do you have limited Pensions experience and are looking for your next step, in a technical role working for a well known Pensions Consultancy?
Please contact me today to discuss!
Leanne.Appleton@reedglobal.com or 0117 930 4820
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
Performing various administration tasks e.g. handling of new entrants, leavers, retirements, transfers and deaths, this includes:
• Adhering to best practice procedures in all aspects of pensions administration related tasks as defined by the Company
• Updating relevant pension administration databases and systems
• Logging and scanning post/correspondence
• Handling both Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) queries
• Receiving and handling internal and external telephone queries
• Running automated systems calculations
• Performing manual benefits calculations
Knowledge & experience
• Previous experience gained within the pensions industry required.
• Able to demonstrate a basic awareness and/or knowledge of pensions industry
• Able to demonstrate a numerical aptitude evidenced by work related experience or academic achievements as listed below
• IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Ability to work in advance of deadlines and prioritising multiple tasks
• Able to see projects/tasks through to completion within given timescales
• Willingness to learn
• Able to follow instructions, procedures, policies and assimilate information quickly in a consistent manner
• Able to take ownership and responsibility for own work
• Enthusiastic, positive and flexible approach to work
• Effective interpersonal skills
• A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required in order to perform their duties both numerical and written
• Good oral and written communication skills
• An active listener and able to follow through on the instructions given
• Able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team
• Good problem solving skills
• Able to recognise the need for a customer focused approach to their delivery both in terms of quality and exceeding customer expectations.