Junior Credit Controller
Salary £22,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
Full Time Permanent (Hours 9-5pm)
Purpose of job:
To assist the Senior Credit Controller coordinating the debts of existing creditors, handle the collection of finances and the resolution of account queries, raising sales invoices and issuing credit notes.
Manage debt recovery, late or missed payments.
The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain close links with all customers, to ensure smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payments.
Reporting to: Senior Credit Controller
Duties and responsibilities
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments
- Negotiating re-payment plans
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems
- Providing accounts information to internal departments
- Other Ad Hoc duties as requested by the Senior Credit Controller
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
- Competence in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- Outgoing personality