Junior Accounts Assistant - Babraham - £20,000-£25,000 per annum
A leading Biotechnology company, based in Babraham (South Cambridge) currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Accounts Assistant to join them on a permanent basis, working as part of a team of 6 and taking responsibility for a range of Accounts Payable duties.
Reporting in to the Head of Finance, this role will include the following:
- Processing Stock Purchase Invoices: Matching and recording purchase invoices using our order processing system (Amici);
o Logging invoices
o Matching invoices against purchase orders, dealing with any discrepancies and disputed items
o Preparation of purchase invoice export on a weekly basis ensuring invoices are coded correctly
o Importing invoices into the accounting system (Exchequer)
- Processing Manual Invoices:
o Entering purchase invoices onto the accounting system (Exchequer)
o Coding up of invoices
o Logging purchase invoices
o Ensuring invoices are authorised for payment
- Communicating with suppliers by phone and by email to discuss, payments, credit terms and to resolve any queries
- BACS Payment runs in accordance with company procedures to ensure that suppliers are paid on a timely basis.
- Regular Review of aged creditor report.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Filing and document management (scanning of invoices).
This client would ideally like to receive applications from those with some existing accounts administration experience, however will also consider recent graduates, or those with some office experience, looking for a start in an accounting career.
You should have a good level of education, with a minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths (or equivalent), as well as a good level of IT literacy. This client would also like candidates to be either already studying, or looking to study for the AAT qualification (full study support will be provided).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company at an exciting time, and with a bright future ahead. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, and genuine progressive opportunity.
Please apply now for more information.