|Location: SALFORD QUAYS, LANCASHIRE||Salary: 350.00 - 450.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 9 days ago||Reference: 3069179|
Your role will be:
To be responsible for the design of software, and for implementation and operation of effective software and tools.
• Lead the design and development of effective software that meets complex product and business needs.
• Review and give constructive feedback on others’ code.
• Drive work to successful completion across the immediate team.
• Write appropriate tests using automated test driven techniques for ensuring code quality and coverage.
• Integrate the software with monitoring and support tools.
• Ensure the teams software works in its operating environment.
• Write, review and take responsibility for technical documentation.
• Lead troubleshooting and resolution of issues throughout the product life cycle, including out of hours support for incident resolution.
• Participate in and lead as required, the team's agile planning and delivery process.
• Effectively participate in and help improve the teams software development.
• Methodologies, such as pairing, code and documentation reviewing and continuous delivery.
• Work with project, product and technical leads to design software and create implementable specifications and tasks at feature and component level.
• Work with 3rd Party ("Indies") where necessary offering direction, support and documentation.
• Mentor and coach more junior staff. Provide technical leadership and direction to peers and colleagues. Line Management of 1-2 software engineers (if appropriate).
• Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and help introduce them where appropriate.
Extensive experience writing and maintaining large scale robust production software in a fast changing environment with rapid release cycles.
Expertise in one or more mainstream development language/frameworks.
Expertise with one or more mainstream development and deployment tool chains (IDE, SCCS, CI)
Competence in database design and use in software applications.
Expertise in web architecture and key technologies (HTTP, DNS, distributed design)
Expertise in test driven development and broader testing and QA concerns .
Expertise in developing for operational and non functional concerns (monitoring integration, performance testing, scale, availability and resilience, security considerations)
Extensive experience of project working and professional software development processes, including agile.
Experience with the following technologies would be ideal: HTML, CSS, Node and JSON.
350.00 - 450.00 GBP Per Day
SALFORD QUAYS, LANCASHIRERead more
27000.00 - 36500.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, TYNE AND WEARRead more
27000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum
MIDDLESBROUGH, CLEVELANDRead more
30000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
BATH SPA, SOMERSETRead more
23000 - 26000 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more